"GET BACK UP" fundraiser
This campaign is inspired by an incredible TED talk given by the legendary skateboarder Rodney Mullen which deals with the mental as well as physical hurdles that he and his peers have had to overcome in order to reach their full potential. For the best part of 40 years Mr Mullen has been a source of inspiration to millions of skateboarders worldwide and - in particular - two our supporters, Nick Noise and Chris Kempt, who have generously offered their time and support with this campaign.
Both Chris and Nick have had challenging journeys over the last few years - Chris was diagnosed with a very serious form of cancer and Nick has suffered with severe mental health problems since the age of nine. As a result, they have decided to run this campaign in order to raise awareness, as well as funding, for us and Medicinema (another charity that is close to all of our hearts, for more information, visit here).
You can read about their individual journeys and reasons for doing this on Chris’s Blog. The campaign centres on a one of a kind skate deck that Nick hand-painted in dedication to Rodney and which we are going to put up for auction in about six weeks’ time.
Awesome right? So, how can you help?:
- Check out the deck in the photos on this page
- Maybe buy one of our tee-shirts featuring the art.
- Watch Rodney’s TED talk here
- Make a donation to us in order to fund our ongoing work helping people to battle mental health.
- Check out Chris’s fundraising page for Medicinema
- But, most importantly, sign-up to our mailing list in order to hear when the auction goes live!
Thanks for reading and for helping us all to “get back up”.
Love Niki and the MBD team. x